About misfire on 06 Honda finally found

RX7M
  • 2006 HONDA ACCORD
Posted ;that post, unfortunatly, misfiring and random misfiring was back with car cabin smelling of fumes.
after 4 mechanic, whom, took the easy way out, got car back with same problem. Mind u readers I was burning oil with misfiring, car idleing funny, exhuast sputtering at the end pipe. All mechanic suggested it was normal.1 daring mechanic open the head; replace vavles, put head back. Misfiring went away, but got code072and075 bank 1 and 2 running rich. Took head out to redo. Clean fuel and intake. I was overjoy to say. Got car back with no check engine lite, no funny idle. No fuuny exhuast or gasolin fumes or exhuast sputter sound. Spend a bit of money, had already spend much trying to fix it from advise on most car furom. Car has 50,000. Wanted to save it at all cost. If a mechnic had suggested. Bad valves and seals, I wouldn't have spend money on plugs, injector etc. Any I hope this help some one. Mine car had 2 bad valves all mechanic said my compression was up to par, accept 1, who perform a dry and a wet run, suggested it was mechanical problem in 2 cylindas that were below par. Good luck
Friday, February 11th, 2011 AT 2:47 AM

KHLOW2008
Thank you for the input. It definitely is going to be helpful for others.

Have a nice day.
Friday, February 11th, 2011 AT 4:34 PM
RX7M
Rx7 06 honda 6seed manual car still running great. Code corection, 1072and 1075. Instead of 072/075 in my previouse forum.A point to mechanic regular compression check do not tell the full detail in engine. Until booktext is aplied with the additions and substractions.
Also while my car idled rough when test driving, it sprinted with no problem. Given the mechanics to think the was nothing wrong in the engine. All reading to computer checked out find. Accept the misfire and random misfire/, all was having a hard tme diagnosting. Also when client
complian about fumes in cabin most mechanic think its imposible, I experience. It went away when repairs was finally made to the engine. Hint machanic or a friend test driving the a day wuold come to conclusion thers no fumes or smell. Have to drive car for few daysto note that problem. Car owner has inhailed so much fumes, sticking thier head inside the car alone, would notice the smell of fumes. Cobination of exhuast and gasoline smell. Thanks to all mechanic on site goodluck.
Tuesday, March 1st, 2011 AT 3:48 AM
RX7M
Correction, /friend test riding the car for a day, have to dive the car for a few days
Tuesday, March 1st, 2011 AT 4:09 AM