No heat in car

KITTY197627
  • 2006 FORD TAURUS
2006 ford taurus ac clutch and barring broken. Belt broke had to bypass ac have no heat is there a connection why heat isnt working?Cut heat on and blows #10 fuse.
Sunday, December 5th, 2010 AT 6:13 PM

MHPAUTOS
There will be no connection with bypassing the A/c comp and no heater, I will see if I can find some further info on this for you.

Monday, December 6th, 2010 AT 1:35 AM
Don't mean to butt in here (thats what I say anyway)

You said you "BYPASSED" the A/C---How?--Shorter Belt?

Is it possible that you rerouted your belt in a manner in which some of your belt driven components are turning the opposite direction from what they did with the original belt installed?

I saw this one time at a shop I frequented--Vehicle was running HOT

Several of the feller had looked it over and could find no reason, then their "STAR" mechanic looked in and said he had never seen an original belt misrouted and fit! (Done by vehicle owner) The Water-pump was turning backwards.I've never have seen that again, since then, I always, do not rule it out as a possible factor!

Sorry, I know very little about your rig, Imma Jeep CJ kinda Guy.I answer with Confidence in the CJ5 & CJ7 Forums

The Medic

mhpautos---its all yours now, that all I might could add in (you will have to explain it better), if that is it, make sure you tell 'em to send my Christmas present, VIA 2carfellers!
Monday, December 6th, 2010 AT 7:58 PM