CHECK ENGINE LIGHT YELLOW CAME ON ON 06 FUSION 2

2006 Ford Fusion

Anonymous

November, 1, 2012 AT 11:46 PM

Check engine light (yellow) came on on 06 Fusion 2.3 l 4cyl. Code reader at dealership indicates car needs a new thermostat. Dealership wants $265.00 for the r/r and I would like to do it myself. Is someone able to walk me through the process - it would be greatly appreciated.

November, 2, 2012 AT 12:09 AM

Removal and Installation

With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist. For additional information, refer to Maintenance/Service and Repair. See: Maintenance Vehicle Lifting
Drain the cooling system. For additional information, refer to Cooling System Draining, Filling and Bleeding.

NOTE: The view of the thermostat housing is obstructed by the power steering, A/C components. However, the bolts can be removed ising 1/4-in drive hand tools.

NOTE : The LH upper thermostat housing bolt can be accessed from under the hood. The RH upper and lower theromastat housing bolts can be accessed from under the vehicle as viewed in the illustration above.

Remove the accessory drive belt. For additional information, refer to Drive Belts, Mounts, Brackets and Accessories. See: Engine Drive Belt
Disconnect the heater hose at the thermostat housing.
Disconnect the lower radiator hose at the thermostat housing.
Remove the 3 bolts, thermostat housing and gasket.

Discard the gasket.
To install, tighten the bolts to 10 Nm (89 inch lbs.).

To install, reverse the removal procedure.

Install a new thermostat housing gasket.

Fill and bleed the cooling system.