2006 Ford F-350 My truck box is twisted

BRONSONSTRUCK
  • 2006 FORD F-350
  • TURBO
My truck box is twisted a fair bit in the driver side tail light corner about 2-3 inches I was wondering if there is a way to fix it with out taking the box off?
Wednesday, March 12th, 2014 AT 3:30 PM

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
If the frame is bent with it then id not advise it. If its just the box, and the frame isn't bent then you could always try a come-along
Wednesday, March 12th, 2014 AT 4:23 PM
BRONSONSTRUCK
Well I was told the frame isn't bent. But how would I go about using a come-along in that sort of situation. Could I just put a jack in the corner of the box underneath and jack it up a could inches?
Thursday, March 13th, 2014 AT 4:33 PM
BRONSONSTRUCK
**couple inches
Thursday, March 13th, 2014 AT 4:33 PM
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
I sent a reply and now I see its not here. Yes you can jack it up that's how the body guys do it. If youre lifting away from the frame then youll have to lift by pushing against it to avoid lifting the whole truck
Friday, March 14th, 2014 AT 2:35 PM
BRONSONSTRUCK
Yea I tried jacking it up I got it to the point were it would look straight then I let the jack down and the bend went back to the same position. I tried it again to see if I could go a little higher but I could feel that it was starting to lift the truck.I just don't know how I could position the jack to make it pull away from the frame. I'm stumped.
Monday, March 31st, 2014 AT 11:21 AM
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
Can you send a pic so I can better see how its bent?
Tuesday, April 1st, 2014 AT 12:40 AM
BRONSONSTRUCK
How do I do that?
Wednesday, April 2nd, 2014 AT 7:51 AM
BRONSONSTRUCK
Figured it out, I can take more if need be
Wednesday, April 2nd, 2014 AT 9:19 AM
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
Now I understand your problem a little bit better. It looks to me like your truck bed is also pushed over a little bit as well as twisted. I think that the only way to get that worked out is to take the box off of the truck. That job really is not as hard as it sounds
Wednesday, April 2nd, 2014 AT 3:21 PM
BRONSONSTRUCK
Yeah taking the box off is no problem but what im wondering is what you would recommend by straightening it back out I dont want to go at it with sludge hammers lol.
Wednesday, April 2nd, 2014 AT 3:57 PM
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
Well at this point I would take it to a body shop and have them hook it to those great big hooks in the floor in their shop so that they can straighten the truck out and then put the bed back on
Wednesday, April 2nd, 2014 AT 3:59 PM
BRONSONSTRUCK
Yeah I was trying to save my self some money and see if I could fix it up my self but I guess it to badly out hey
Thursday, April 3rd, 2014 AT 9:48 AM
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
Yea you're going to need some pretty stout anchors to pull it back right. It's dangerous if the equipments not right, like a tree. Lol.
Thursday, April 3rd, 2014 AT 2:20 PM
BRONSONSTRUCK
Yeah you dont think putting a jack under it will work cuz when I did it I could hear the metal trying to bend but just to afraid I might cause further damage lol
Friday, April 4th, 2014 AT 8:41 AM