Airbag trouble code

BHELLEW
  • 2006 FORD F-150

I have an 06 F150, I get a trouble code of 1-8, how can I pinpoint the problem?

Friday, January 7th, 2011 AT 8:28 PM

SATURNTECH9

If you got the code by doing this
LAMP FAULT CODES

When the restraints control module (RCM) detects a system fault, it will cause the air bag indicator to flash a coded sequence; a lamp fault code (LFC). The code is 2 digits. The first digit is flashed with a 0.5-second interval between pulses. There is a 2-second pause before the second digit is flashed, which also has a 0.5-second interval between pulses. There is a 5-second pause between each display of an LFC.

Each LFC is flashed 5 times after which the air bag indictor will remain lit for the remainder of the key-on cycle. If there are multiple LFCs, each LFC will flash in order of priority.
Then it sound's like it would be a code 18 problem is for a code 18 there is two trouble tree's to figure out which tree you needed to figure that one out you would need a scan tool that read air bag code's and get the B1884 or the B1890. Knowing that will tell me which tree you need.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Friday, January 7th, 2011 AT 9:31 PM