Tranny issues

VWG
  • 2006 DODGE CARAVAN
2006 dodge grand caravan 3.3l with auto tranny. The tranny seems to not no if wants to shift when in drive at about 60-70km/hr in or out of overdrive not under load so cruising speed, it almost feels like a misfire and hole vehicle bumps. Only does at this speed. If leave tranny in 3 it doesnt do it. Dont have any codes. Had tranny flush 5000km ago. Any help appreciated as wife uses van to haul kids around
Monday, February 28th, 2011 AT 4:30 AM

DOCFIXIT
May need TCC solenoid replaced
Monday, February 28th, 2011 AT 3:19 PM
VWG
Thanks, what is the tcc soleniod?
Thursday, March 3rd, 2011 AT 4:12 AM
DOCFIXIT
Torque Convertor Control solenoid on valve body
Thursday, March 3rd, 2011 AT 1:57 PM
VWG
So every shop I have talked to here in langley bc canada says if there are no codes which I dont have that nothing is wrong. Now I have read some other forums and the people say that there vehicles die while driving them and have codes if the tcc is failing so not to affend you but shouldnt I have this issue to?I do appreciate your advise but I am totally confused right now on if should change it or not. I am mechanically enclined, do I have to drop tranny pan to fix tcc if thats what is?
Saturday, March 5th, 2011 AT 4:45 AM
DOCFIXIT
Sometimes TCC solenoid will not set code the other cause after TCC is checked is convertor itself either clutch failure or seals leaking fluid. The miss is likely the lock-up falling in and out
Saturday, March 5th, 2011 AT 7:47 PM
VWG
Ok so now that its been a week and the wife driving around with tranny in 3 not d it does same thing at around 60-70 km/hr, still no codes. Feels like van is bumping almost like misfire still, so what choices do I have now? Torque converter? Injectors with cp problem, reason I ask is now dodge dealer thinks it could be a computer problem telling injectors to cause misfire. Now it only seems to bump when vehicle warm so I think its the torque converter starting to f-up. Its going in this week for full driving test diagnostic test to record any hick ups. Again I appreciate your help any others ideas or am I along for a expensive ride.
Tuesday, March 8th, 2011 AT 5:00 AM
DOCFIXIT
If engine was missing it would set a code are there AAMCO shops? If yes go there for diagnosis
Tuesday, March 8th, 2011 AT 5:13 PM
VWG
Hey there docfixit. Never changed anything cause nobody could get a code, hope you can help me out. Just got back from road trip and check engine light came on with codes p2074 and p1697. Tranny wont shift into od and really bumps now and idles erattic. If driving at 60km hour and watch tach it fluctuates about 400rpm and actually sounds like its trying to accelerate even though foot off gas. What codes and how do I fix them. Again I appreciate your help.
Monday, July 18th, 2011 AT 12:59 AM