2006 Dodge Caravan Horn not working

CARWORKSNOT
  • 2006 DODGE CARAVAN
Panic works. Airbag light is off. Cruise Ok.I checked the horn pad, fuses, relay and the clock spring. All Are ok. Could not find any broken wires anywhere and there is power to the hot side of the horn fuse. Are there more fuses? Could it be in the fuse block under the hood? What do you think is wrong.I will donate if I get this fixed without taking to a machanic
Tuesday, February 24th, 2015 AT 8:08 AM

CADIEMAN
THE FUSE NEEDS TO HAVE POWER ON BOTH SIDES.
DO U HEAR THE HORN RELAY CLICKING?
DO THEY BLOW WHEN U RUN POWER FROM THE BATTERY?
+2
Tuesday, February 24th, 2015 AT 9:29 AM
CARWORKSNOT
Panic works. Which means the horn honks. If I pull the relay it stops, if I pull the fuse it stops. Horn pad does not work I have a hayens repair manuel but I don't see the horn wiring
Wednesday, February 25th, 2015 AT 3:31 AM
CADIEMAN
It comes thru the turn signal switch. Does the relay click when pushing on the pad?
-1
Wednesday, February 25th, 2015 AT 6:01 AM
CARWORKSNOT
I will check again. But I did not hear it when I was working on it.I just pulled it (relay) when the panic horn was on and the horn stopped
If it is not clicking what is the next step?
Thursday, February 26th, 2015 AT 4:13 AM
CADIEMAN
Gain axcess to the turn signal connector start probing them with a test light when u hit the horn wire it will sound. If it does'nt your problem is in the steering column.
-1
Thursday, February 26th, 2015 AT 6:08 AM
CARWORKSNOT
Thanks.I may not get to it today, but will get with you. Do I have to pull the steering wheel for this?
Thursday, February 26th, 2015 AT 7:31 AM
CADIEMAN
Just remove the under dash panel u will see 2 wiring harnesses coming from the steering column one is from the wiper switch and the other is from the turn signal switch. They both go to a connector near the firewall. This is where u probe it.
Thursday, February 26th, 2015 AT 8:20 AM
CARWORKSNOT
I only see one harness going to the fire wall.( Fire wall has 4 plugs) one appears to go to the Body control Mod..I unplugged the harness and tested as you said, (the dash is dead). With my test light grounded I can make the left and right turn sign indicator's light up. And the key ding. I also can hear something else but can't see anything. The book say the turn switch is multi function. Is this the right plug? .I'm getting discouraged
Sunday, March 1st, 2015 AT 6:15 AM
CADIEMAN
Good job you found it. So everythings ok. Now check for power at the rear light socket and let me know.
Sunday, March 1st, 2015 AT 7:57 AM
CARWORKSNOT
Rear light socket. Explain Plz
Sunday, March 1st, 2015 AT 8:02 AM
CADIEMAN
Sorry got u mixed up with another question. Check to see if u get voltage at the horn harness if not u will need to find the relay and ck. To see if it is working.
Sunday, March 1st, 2015 AT 8:08 AM
CARWORKSNOT
I'm sure I know how to check the "Horn Harness".I did check the Horn Relay and is working. The clicking I was hearing is coming from the "body control Module"(BCM) when probing the plug. There seems to be power too only (3) pins( test light lights up). Dose the (BCM) control the Horn? Do you have a schematic of the horn wiring for this vehicle? I see there is one for a 2000 model.
Monday, March 2nd, 2015 AT 3:01 AM
CADIEMAN
If the relay is clicking and their is no power to the horn.U will need to repair the open wire from the relay to the horn.
Monday, March 2nd, 2015 AT 6:42 AM
CARWORKSNOT
It should have read "I'm (NOT) sure I know how to check the horn harness.I took the relay out and tested it, it is working fine.I can make the horn blow through the relay with using a jumper wire. It has to be south of the clock spring and north of the relay/fuse.
Monday, March 2nd, 2015 AT 1:40 PM
CADIEMAN
U WILL NEED TO FIND THE TURN SIGNAL SWITCH HARNESS AND PROBE IT. THE HORN WILL BEEP WHEN U TEST THE HORN WIRE WITH A TEST LIGHT. IF IT BEEPS THE PROBLEM IS IN THE COLUMN. THE SWITCH HARNESS CONNECTOR IS MOUNTED ON THE STEERING COLUMN.
Monday, March 2nd, 2015 AT 3:19 PM
CARWORKSNOT
Thanks. If it is the one plugged into the turn signal, I tested it and got nothing on any of the pins.
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2015 AT 4:09 AM
CADIEMAN
Get another switch and plug it in before installing. Plug it in probe all the wires with the test light when u hit the horn wire it will beep. Then u will need to install the switch.
Thursday, March 5th, 2015 AT 6:25 AM
CARWORKSNOT
Thanks again. So you think it is in the turn signal switch.I will see about getting another switch. If that dosen't work.I was thinking to give up and just put in a horn button in the dash
Thursday, March 5th, 2015 AT 6:44 AM
CADIEMAN
U don't have to install it. Just plug it and ground the horn wire. To see if it blows.
Thursday, March 5th, 2015 AT 10:53 AM
CARWORKSNOT
Got another switch pluged it in. Still nothing.
Friday, March 6th, 2015 AT 3:25 AM