What can cause it to overheat

DANNYTX2337
  • 2006 CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER
Already replaced the thermostat, water pump, and fan clutch
Friday, April 27th, 2012 AT 10:30 PM

CADIEMAN
Go to a parts store they have a kit that checks the hydrocarbons in the coolant.U have poss. A cracked head or a bad head gasket.
Friday, April 27th, 2012 AT 10:58 PM
THERMOSTAT? INSTALLED PROPERLY? I ONCE GOT 3 BAD ONES IN A ROW (JUST A BAD BATCH) EVEN BRAND NEW STUFF CAN BE DEFECTIVE

THERE COULD BE OTHER POSSIBILITIES SUCH AS BUILD-UP INSIDE THE RADIATOR (HAVE PROFESSIONALLY CLEANED OR REPLACE, THE AUTO PARTS STORE FLUSHES USUALLY WON'T TOUCH THE HEAVY INTERNAL BUILD-UP). THE RADIATOR IS SUPPOSED TO EFFICIENTLY TRANSFER THE HEAT FROM THE WATER, TO THE OUTSIDE AIR.

VANE RESTRICTIONS FROM MINERAL BUILD-UP WILL NOT LET THE WATER FLOW THRU THE RADIATOR FAST ENOUGH---THIS WOULD BE LIKE PINCHING OFF THE MAIN HOSES INTO THE RADIATOR. IF THIS IS THE ORIGINAL RADIATOR, THIS MAY VERY WELL BE THE PROBLEM IF THE OTHER STUFF CHECKS OUT

I HAVE SEEN THIS ISSUE A LOT IN MY REGION, WITH MINERALS IN THE WATER SUPPLY. IF THE ENTIRE SYSTEM HAS NOT BEEN FLUSHED OUT, RUSTY WATER ETC COULD PREVENT THE RADIATOR FROM DOING IT'S JOB

A HEAD/ HEAD GASKET ISSUES CAN CAUSE OVERHEATING. SYMPTOMS MIGHT BE LOSS OF COOLANT, RUNNING ROUGH, WATER IN THE OIL, OIL IN THE WATER

GOOD LUCK

KEEP US POSTED

+1
Saturday, April 28th, 2012 AT 1:03 AM
DANNYTX2337
I tried the engine sealant, and seemed to work for a couple of weeks before overheating again, then the brand new water pump I put in a month earlier went out, so I put another one in and it seemed ok for about a week before overheating again, should I try the engine sealant again?
Saturday, April 28th, 2012 AT 2:46 AM
MHPAUTOS
I would be looking at getting the radiator core cleaned as you may have partial core tube blockage, this sealant is a waste of time and money, often they cause more problems and can compound others as well.
Thursday, May 3rd, 2012 AT 7:36 AM