WHY WONT IT START? BATTERY IS GOOD CLEAN ...

• boryczko
  • 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt

Why wont it start? Battery is good clean termanals are good clean. Turn key to start and just clicks rapidly, not starter click just dash noise clicks. Cannot hear fuel pump, seems like the battery is dead but its not. When turning the key all the lights go off irradicly with clicking noise, when it sops clicking the lights come back on solidly. Thank you for any help!

Sunday, November 4th, 2012 AT 6:49 AM

• rasmataz

Battery good how did you test it? Answer this and we'll continue-

Sunday, November 4th, 2012 AT 9:28 AM
  • boryczko

Battery tester, its a brand new batt.I even have it on a battery jump box when attempting to strart it.

Sunday, November 4th, 2012 AT 5:52 PM
  • boryczko

Okay I tried to start again and I do apologize the starter is clicking as well I jumped the starter and I can only get it to spin it will pop out too but will not pop out and spin to crank motor. The start of all this happened when I was driving and the car just died. I pulled over towed it home. Only the engine light is on now.

Sunday, November 4th, 2012 AT 7:34 PM
  • boryczko

Update: I turned the motor with a wrench and tried starting it. It tried to start then stopped ; I couldnt turn the motor anymore to the right seemed like it was siezed turning it that way however it did turn to the left no problem tried starting again same thing, cranks for half a sec then stops like it locks up could this be esult of timing chain?

Sunday, November 4th, 2012 AT 8:20 PM
  • rasmataz

Go to this link for more information: http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-engine-will-not-crank-over

Sunday, November 4th, 2012 AT 9:26 PM