2006 Cobalt SS

BC704
  • 2006 CHEVROLET COBALT
My son's '06 Cobalt SS lost power and began running rough. Error code pointed to a bad fuel injector. After replacing injector, car will not start at all. Is there anything else that needs to be done besides replacing the bad injector?
Saturday, April 9th, 2011 AT 6:37 PM

Do below to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing
Saturday, April 9th, 2011 AT 6:45 PM
BC704
Thank you for your answer. Sounds like all the typical troubleshooting steps. I just wanted to make sure that there is nothing in particular about replacing an injector that I might have missed. Seems odd that it ran before the replacement, but won't start at all after.
Saturday, April 9th, 2011 AT 7:08 PM
SATURNTECH9
Just wanted to add to this one. So was the engine running really rich and that is why you thought it had a bad injector?I have seen bad mass airflow sensors cause the engine to run really rich on those cars. Also have seen Loose connections to the baro sensor cause the car to die and not start.
Saturday, April 9th, 2011 AT 11:33 PM