CAR WONT START 20 CELCIUS LAST FEW DAYS IM ...

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt

polabare

Car wont start, -20 celcius last few days, im thinking its old oil as the day the car didnt start I was on my way in get an oil change. Ive filled the anti freeze, but only after the car didnt start.

saturntech9

So does it no crank engine not spinning over not start?Is the security light on when it won't start?

polabare

Getting nothing but clicking. All the lights on the display go on. Not sure what the security light is.

saturntech9

When you turn the key to the run position is there a light on the dash that looks like a lock or something that looks like it has something to do with security?

polabare

Yes there is. Engine light and also security lock light. I should mention also. The day it didnt start, I was on my way in for an appointment to have an oil change and have a engine overheating symbol checked. Also. My heating had stopped working. Blowing cold air.

saturntech9

Alright one thing at a time first let's see if it we can start it. Those cars are known for bad ignition switches causing no starts with temps under 30 degree's. Let's try this try to start it then let the key go back to the run position. Wait till the security light shuts off should e about ten minutes. Then turn the key to the off position for ten seconds. Then repeat those steps two more times. By the fourth time of you trying to start it going thru those cycles it may start. If it does you will have to have your body control module scanned for codes.A diyer scan tool can't do that if you have a code B2960 and or B3033 bad ignition switch.

polabare

I tried it, first few times the security light went off within seconds but the engine light stayed on, after the third time several lights just went on and off, as did the mileage display air bags and seat belt. On off on off on off. The locks also sounded like they were locking unlocking.

saturntech9

Sound like the battery is dead or bad as the battery charged and tested. Also make sure the battery cables are clean and tight. Then see how it goes.

polabare

But would all the cabin lights come on with a dead battery? Ill try my booster pack again and see. Thanks for all your help.

saturntech9

January, 29, 2013 AT 1:11 AM

Yes just because the side lights are working doesn't mean the battery isn't dead.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right