My Cadillac CTS still will not start. See details

OKCOPIER
  • 2006 CADILLAC CTS
Thank you for responding to my question. After checking all of the suggested items, automobile still will not start. After trying to start the vehicle, I noticed oil in the tube of the air filter vent. Have anyone seen this happen or what ccould this mean? Once again thanks.
Tuesday, November 15th, 2011 AT 11:01 PM

If it isn't too excessice, don't worry about it. It is coiming through the PCV system. I don't know how many miles are on the vehicle, but wear can cause excessive crankcase pressure pushing oil up. As far as it not running, can you tell me what you have already done? Is the engine getting spark and fuel? Is the fuel pressure within spec?
Tuesday, November 15th, 2011 AT 11:05 PM
OKCOPIER
So far I have changed all spark plugs plus the coils, the fuel filter and pump, pvc valve, and air filter. After replacing the fuel pump, I could hear the fuel pump turn on when turning the key, so I disconnected the fuel filter to see if the pump was pumping gas out of the tank to the filter and it was. I gapped the spark plugs at 50. So far this is all I have done. All of this occurred when I was driving and turned the car off and tried to turn it back on and the car would not start which had happended before but after sitting and letting the car cool it would start back up but this time it did not. Thanks in advance.
Tuesday, November 15th, 2011 AT 11:16 PM
I want you to try something. See if the engine will start for a few seconds with starting fluid and let me know what happens.
Tuesday, November 15th, 2011 AT 11:18 PM
OKCOPIER
It try to start but will not cacth.
Tuesday, November 15th, 2011 AT 11:29 PM
If it is firing, then my guess it is a fuel related issue. Check to make sure the fuel pressure is within the manufacturer's specs. Also, make sure you are getting a good hot blue snapping spark at the plugs. Let me know how many miles are on the engine too.
Tuesday, November 15th, 2011 AT 11:46 PM
OKCOPIER
It is 153,000 on the engine.
Wednesday, November 16th, 2011 AT 12:01 AM
OKCOPIER
I replaced the fuel pump but I can bearly hear it when I turn the ke on and should it spray out or just squrt?
Wednesday, November 16th, 2011 AT 3:19 AM
You should have a specific amount of pressure produced by the pump. You check it at the fuel rail.
Wednesday, November 16th, 2011 AT 3:44 AM
OKCOPIER
Thank you for all of help. I have just a small amount of pressur.
Wednesday, November 16th, 2011 AT 3:50 AM
That is the problem. It should be around 50psi. If you give me the exact model and engine size, I can get that info for you.
Wednesday, November 16th, 2011 AT 4:33 AM
OKCOPIER
2006 cts 3.6
Wednesday, November 16th, 2011 AT 4:36 AM
55 to 60 psi. That would blast out at you.
Wednesday, November 16th, 2011 AT 4:53 AM
OKCOPIER
Ok do thinh I have a bougth bad fuel pump? If so let me knowe and Thank's for your support. Have a Goodnight!
Wednesday, November 16th, 2011 AT 5:48 AM
It could be bad, you could have a bad regulator, or there could be a block in the supply line. What to do is check the fuel pressure before the fuel filter. That way we can eliminate the filter as an issue.
Wednesday, November 16th, 2011 AT 6:17 AM