2006 Buick Lucerne brake issue

JABSTER38
  • 2006 BUICK LUCERNE
So I changed the front pads on my 06 buick Lucerne and everything went as planned but when I went to brake no pressure even tho I had pumped the brakes a few times and have bled them there is still no pressure really to the pedal till it almost hits the floor and my passenger side will bleed just fine but my drivers side will not bleed a drop. So I have no idea what could be going on.
Tuesday, October 1st, 2013 AT 6:45 PM

MADMIKE1735
How did you compress the front calipers? Was the driver side very hard to compress? When you bled them, you had fluid out of both sides? How did you bleed the brakes. I know this sounds dumb, but some people have one person inside pump the pedal, then hold. The outside guy opens the bleeder. Or you open the bleeder 1st, then have inside guy push pedal to floor and hold until you close the bleeder. Im just trying to figure out what may have happened. Its rare to just lose a pedal after replacing pads. I have seen the seal on the master cylinder blow by trying to "pre pump" the brakes too fast, and hard. Only way to check this is unbolt the 2 nuts from the master, and pull it forward to inspect for leakage. You can break your system down into sections also. Try visegripping your caliper hose on one side, then pump up the brakes. See if you can get a rock hard pedal with the car off. If you have the hose crimped, and the pedal gets hard, your problem lies past the vise grips, and is in the hose, or caliper. If you find this to be the case, replace both sides. (When you buy socks, you dont buy 1 sock) whatever you do on one side, perform same action on the other side.
Tuesday, October 1st, 2013 AT 7:03 PM
JABSTER38
I compressed them as I would normally by taking an old pad putting it up against the cylinder bores and taking a c clamp and pressing it back in. And I had fluid come out of the driver side hose for a split second and then it stopped again. I had 1 person pump the pedal a few times then hold it while I opened the bleeder valve. I changed the master cylinder cap the day after because the rubber grommet seal was torn. And I could hear the pressure back the second I put it on. I have done many brake jobs in my case and none of those has done this. When the car is off I have a full rock hard pedal its just when I turn it on that it does this and I have all the brakes to see if it was the issue and nothing is coming out of the drivers side bleeder but I do get a little from the hose.
Tuesday, October 1st, 2013 AT 7:57 PM
MADMIKE1735
If your getting fluid out of the driver side hose, and none out of the caliper bleeder, then there is an issue with the caliper. (Assuming your bleeding the hose at the closest point to the caliper) it compressed ok, so remove the bleeder screw, and see if that helps. If still no fluid, then replace the hose. Does this have drum brakes in the rear?
Tuesday, October 1st, 2013 AT 8:02 PM
JABSTER38
Like I unbolted the banjo bolt from the caliper and hit the pedal and a little bit is coming out but not a full stream and no its disc all the way around
-1
Tuesday, October 1st, 2013 AT 8:07 PM
MADMIKE1735
It should have poured out. Replace the hose, sounds as if its collapsed internally. Start here.
Tuesday, October 1st, 2013 AT 8:11 PM
JABSTER38
OK thank you so much
Tuesday, October 1st, 2013 AT 8:19 PM
MADMIKE1735
Hey there, just wondering if you replaced the hose, and if your problem is solved?
-1
Friday, October 4th, 2013 AT 4:25 PM