Air conditioning does not blow cold air

COACHEDITH
  • 2005 TOYOTA CAMRY

Toyota Camry 2005, with a manual air conditioning- we need to turn the temperature button left to cold air and click on the button to start the system.
We start the car normally, everything is fine, we are pressing the button to start the air conditioning, the little green light came on like usual (normally), we turn the blower speed faster to feel the air out of the conduct, we can easily feel the air coming, we are waiting and waiting, no changes, the air does not come colder, still at the normal temperature (ambient temperature). Everything else indicate the air conditioning is ON ( with the green light) but no cooling.
The freon is normal.

What are you suggesting to us to look after. We want a try to repair the situation before going to a dealership where they are going to have enormous cost. My dad is 78 years old and I want to help him.

Thank you
Edith

Wednesday, April 18th, 2012 AT 8:21 PM

FIXITMR

Do you have the manual for car? See if there is a diagnostic routine on the climate system.

Wednesday, April 18th, 2012 AT 8:54 PM
FIXITMR

Could be temp control door is not working. If you put it on heat does air get hot?

Thursday, April 19th, 2012 AT 4:02 PM
COACHEDITH

Yes the air get hot, with or without the air conditioning on.

-1
Thursday, April 19th, 2012 AT 6:40 PM