LOST SOME TRANSMISSION FLUID ON MY V6 3.5 ,

2005 Saturn Vue

dennisgwagner

May, 25, 2012 AT 12:51 PM

I was changing out the radiator on my 2005 saturn vue 3.5 v-6 and lost some transmission fluid what kind of fluid and I think there is a fill hole on the top of the transmission, will it have a dip stick there also thank you

Transmission Flare

Transmission Problem

fixitmr

May, 25, 2012 AT 4:02 PM

On the driver side of the vehicle, on the top of the transmission, there's a plastic yellow thing with a picture of a gear with liquid in it (indicating transmission fluid), that's your transmission dipstick. The only other yellow plastic piece that you can see is your oil dipstick. The tranny dipstick is bolted down with a 12 mm bolt that you'll have to remove. After removal of the bolt, just pull the dipstick straight out to check fluid level. The dipstick may be a bit harder to pull out than you imagine, but as long as you took that bolt off, it'll come out.
The transmission that's in your Saturn was not intended to be checked by the owner. The theory is that you'll check your fluid when it's not up to temp, think its low, and add more, overfilling your transmission. However, I think most owners would prefer having a more easily accessible dipstick. Even if it's only to check the color of your tranny fluid. You should also make sure that the fluid doesn't have a burnt odor.

dennisgwagner

May, 26, 2012 AT 10:57 PM

I found a plug on the top of the transmission with atf on the plug but I still can not find a dipstick I know the transmission is low. So I just dont want to add some. This is not a all wheel drive just front wheel drive thanks dennis

dennisgwagner

June, 2, 2012 AT 2:59 PM

How do I know what kind of transmission is in my 2005 saturn vue with 3.5 thanks

saturntech9

June, 2, 2012 AT 4:40 PM

Just to add to this one I posted the location of the fill hole and the dipstick. It uses atf-z1 fluid.

Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Drive Shaft Removal - All Cars
Transmission Turbine Sensor Replacement