2005 Nissan Sentra Car starting problem

MARTINZALPA
  • 2005 NISSAN SENTRA
My car doesn't want to start right away every single time I try to turn it on. I had a bad starter and got it changed, but the problem still happened. I changed the battery because the old one died quickly and didn't seem to work anymore. My spark plugs were changed because 2 or 3 were burnt. My oil was pretty dark so I had it changed. I got under the engine and changed the crank shaft position sensor because this guy at autozone told me that much be the problem, but no the problem is still there. When I try to turn on my car it takes 5-10 seconds of cranking to start the first time or it starts on the second try. I've been having this problem since I bought the car. The owner of dealer had the car sitting for a while don't know how long, but other than that the car runs great. Please help and thank you.
Monday, July 6th, 2015 AT 10:31 AM

Try this. Cycle the key from off to the run position (engine off) and let it sit for 3 seconds and then do it again. The 3rd time, see if the engine starts right away. Let me know what you find.
Monday, July 6th, 2015 AT 9:04 PM
MARTINZALPA
It starts, but like when I drive for a while and get back in my car and try to turn it on the crank extends and sometimes I have to wait on the second try. Other times it even like I turn the key and it sounds like it's turning on, but it shakes and it feels like it's forcing to start up.
Thursday, July 16th, 2015 AT 12:03 PM
I feel you need to have the fuel pressure checked when it happens. It sounds like it is low, maybe the result of a weak pump.
Friday, July 17th, 2015 AT 8:15 PM
MARTINZALPA
So Then could it be the fuel pump? Also how long is oil supposed to last? My service check engine light came on and I had my oil changed not so long ago. Almost 1-2 months or less. Now it's empty and I don't know whether to add oil or am I supposed to drain whatever's left then add new oil?
Thursday, July 23rd, 2015 AT 12:08 PM
The fuel pump may be going bad. That's why it should be checked. As far as the oil, change it every 3000 miles and change the oil filter at the same time. If the oil is low, add oil until it is at the full mark on the dip stick. If you have exceeded 3000 miles since the last oil change, it should be changed.
Friday, July 24th, 2015 AT 9:05 PM
MARTINZALPA
Thank you so much for your help Jacob & Nickolas. I really appreciate your help. Have a great day or night.
Friday, July 24th, 2015 AT 11:00 PM
Not a problem. If you need anything, let me know.

Monday, July 27th, 2015 AT 10:12 PM