My service engine light has been on for a few.

CSONDRINI
  • 2005 NISSAN MAXIMA

My service engine light has been on for a few months. Today while driving the accleration dropped and the TCS and SLIP lights came on and stayed on. The acceleration is low and won't go over 2 rpms when in regular gear (not in manual shift). When it was turned off and then restarted it had a bit of trouble turning over. My car has the option of just putting it into drive or switching over to manual shift mode. When I switch it over to manual shift it says it's in 5th gear. It seems like I am able to change gears and it drives a bit better but it does sometimes shift hard. I replaced my transmission at around 90,000 miles and a few days ago I had the power streering pressure hose replaced. I'm trying to gauge the problem and the approximate cost to fix.

Saturday, October 27th, 2012 AT 1:57 AM

KHLOW2008

An error has been detected in the engine management system and you need to retrieve the trouble code to understand what could be wrong.

Saturday, October 27th, 2012 AT 8:58 PM