A/C PRESSURE UNSTABLE WHILE CHARGING

2005 Mitsubishi Galant

javierjdh

March, 27, 2011 AT 12:35 AM

I have a 2005 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L. My A/C stopped working suddenly and I can figure out the reason. I took my car to a mechanic and he vacuum and recharged the system but it only worked for 2 weeks. I checked for leaks but the A/C charge was correct.I drained the system and while trying to recharge the pressure on my gauge would drop 0 when the compressor will turn on. The compressor will turn on and off then the pressure will go very high in to the red, then back to low and back to high again. I figured I would change the expansion valve to see if that was the problem but no luck. Vacuum the system and still getting the compressor kicking on and off and pressure going from 0 to the red. Please help.

June, 22, 2011 AT 4:17 PM

What are the readings you are getting from the low and high pressure side when compressor is not running?

What readings when the compressor is running?

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace