I GOT A NEW TRANSIMISSION AND CLUTCH ...

2005 Hyundai Elantra

casetleberry

March, 10, 2013 AT 5:42 PM

I got a new transimission and clutch approximately 3 weeks ago, and yesterday my pedal was stuck to the floor and wouldn't shift to any gears. Now today my pedal feels loose, starts but won't shift in any gears.

March, 10, 2013 AT 5:43 PM

Check the fluid as it sounds like you have either a clutch master failure or a slave failure

casetleberry

March, 10, 2013 AT 5:47 PM

What fluids am I checking for? I have oil, power steering fluid, break fluid.

March, 10, 2013 AT 5:49 PM

Next to the brake fluid is another fluid holder or it may be attached to the brake master. It contains the brake fluid for the clutch system

casetleberry

March, 10, 2013 AT 6:01 PM

Fluids seem to be fine, as husband went to look under hood. He observed a loose nut that was attached to the trainsmission and some excess fluid underneath car.

March, 10, 2013 AT 6:36 PM

That could be the slave cylinder. I suggest returning to the shop for follow up work on the repair you just paid for

freemba

March, 10, 2013 AT 6:40 PM

That is most likely the source of the problem. Take the car back to the mechaninc who did the work. He should corect the problem as part of the original repair (at no extra cost to you).

Brake Master Cylinder Replacement Like a Pro
Brake Shoe/Drum Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement Ford Explorer
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Mercedes ML