Honda Odyssey sliding doors

ACE2004
  • 2005 HONDA ODYSSEY
  • AWD
Honda 2006 odyssey. The sliding doors will not open or close complete using the remote, dash controls or door handles on passenger or driver side. Door open about 1 inch and then stops. I hear 3 beeps and everything just stops All windows are up and door unlocked. Just stopped working
Monday, November 22nd, 2010 AT 11:27 PM

KHLOW2008
Here is a description of the beeping noise you heard when the problem occurred.

SLIDING DOOR BEEPER LOGIC

This beeper alerts the driver and occupants that the sliding door system requires attention for safety reasons. There is one beeper that is shared between both slide door control units and is part of the right power slide door control unit. The left power slide door control unit sends a message to the right power slide door control unit to request beeper operation. The beeper operates in three modes:

Three Beep-Beeper sounds for 500 ms is off for 250 ms three times, this tone applies during the following conditions:

Trap detection operation
Emergency stop operation
Power slide door open operation is requested from the remote transmitter or power sliding door switches on the dashboard while the door is locked.
Power slide door close operation is requested while the pinch sensor is ON.
Power slide door open operation is requested while the fuel fill door is open.

Continuous Tone-Beeper sounds a solid, continuous tone until the condition causing the warning is eliminated. This tone applies during the following conditions:

The door is neither fully open nor fully closed, the vehicle is stopped, and the shift lever is out of Park or the shift lever is in Neutral and the foot brake or parking brake is OFF.
The door is not fully closed and the vehicle speed (VSP) or wheel speed (VSPWHEEL) is not zero.
Unintentional Slide Prevention is active (electromagnetic clutch is on).
Unintentional Slide Prevention has been canceled by the inner or outer handle, but the door is still not in the fully open or fully closed position.

Continuous Beep-Beeper sounds for 500 ms and then is off for 250 ms continuously until the condition causing the warning is eliminated. This tone applies during the following conditions:

The door is closing while the vehicle speed (VSP) or wheel speed (VSPWHEEL) is not zero.
The door is closing while the shift lever is out of park.

Try re-homing or resetting the control unit and if it does not work, you would need to retrieve for trouble codes with the aid of appropriate scan tools.

RE-HOMING THE DOORS
If the power slide door control unit has lost power for any reason (battery disconnected, etc.), The doors must be re-homed before they will work properly. The power sliding door control unit must relearn the door's home position so it can use the revolution sensor to keep track of the door's position when it is moving.

1. Erase the sliding door DTCs by removing the No. 7 fuse from the under-dash fuse/relay box.

2. Turn off the Main switch for the doors. Make sure the ignition switch is in LOCK (0).

3. Fully close the power sliding door manually (the control unit must see the full latch switch and the ratchet switch closed at the same time).

4. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II). Turn on the Main switch.

5. Test the door operation with the power sliding door switch, the remote transmitter, and the door handles.

RESETTING THE POWER SLIDING DOOR CONTROL UNIT
If the battery terminal is disconnected or No. 7 (7.5 A) fuse in the driver's under-dash fuse/relay box is removed while the power sliding door is operating, the power sliding door will not be able to be opened or closed automatically until it is reset. To reset the system, fully close the sliding door manually. Once the battery terminals are reconnected or No. 7 (7.5 A) fuse in the driver's under-dash fuse/relay box is replaced, the power sliding door system will automatically reset. Make sure the power sliding door operates properly.
Tuesday, November 23rd, 2010 AT 3:54 PM
CHARLIERAMIREZ1
KHLow2008 - THANK YOU for posting your answer. You saved me and my family hours of angst and at least $250.

I hope I can repay the favor one day.

God bless you.
+1
Friday, September 7th, 2012 AT 12:17 AM
TIMRPH53
This seemed to work well, but just for one door. Whichever door was the one I closed first, that is the only one that would work after turning the key on and moving the door switch to "on". I was removing the fuse (which also reset the Navigation on my 06 Odyssey). Tried it on both doors, and whichever was shut first was the one in "memory". I would repeat the whole cycle and shut the other door first and then it would become the functional door.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Thursday, February 19th, 2015 AT 8:09 PM