2005 GMC Yukon air condition

MURREL MCCOMAS
  • 2005 GMC YUKON
  • AWD
With the a c on warm air blows out on passenger side, drivers side is cold, also hear clicking noise behind dash area on passenger side. I removed the plastic cover under the dash on passenger side and the blend door actuator there seems to be working properly, it seems to control the air from hot to cold on the drivers side, a little confused but I seen a youtube where there is a second blend door actuator in the middle of the dash up under the dash pad. Is this the problem?
Saturday, September 6th, 2014 AT 3:31 PM

WRENCHTECH
Yes, if you have separate left and right temp controls, you will have 2 actuators. I don;t see any Yukon that has a 5.7 and you don't say if this is ATC or not so my info may not be accurate.
Alldata states the dash has to be removed to access the right side.

https://www.2carpros.com/images/external/119068527.gif
Sunday, September 7th, 2014 AT 5:56 AM
MURREL MCCOMAS
Thanks for your info, I think I know how to get the dash apart but if you have any info on that I sure would appreciate it, also you are right the engine is a 5.2, and it is an auto climate control. Please be assured I am not trying to get a free ride I just was cautious about paying for useless info [ lots of people out there wanting to take your money ] I will be making a contribution as soon as I can figure out how to do it, do you accept paypal?Thanks Murrel
Tuesday, September 9th, 2014 AT 10:24 AM
WRENCHTECH
I'm just a tech here so I don't know how the site works in that respect. I'm afraid you still don't have the engine size right I assume you are referring to a 5.3L.

As far as removing the dash, that is no simple task and any instructions would be multiple pages long so it's not something we could post here. You might want to look into a service subscription from AlldataDIY. Com. It's the same manuals we use but you only have to purchase one vehicle. That will have everything you ever need to know about your vehicle. I think they run about $25 for a single vehicle for a year.
Tuesday, September 9th, 2014 AT 12:42 PM