AC VENTS

2005 Ford Taurus

readomark

August, 17, 2013 AT 11:11 AM

Why my air don't come thru my front ac vents. It blows thru my defrost only. Everything seems normal, it blows cold. Everything seems to be normal.I cant get it to blow thru the vents.I have a broken plastic line.I need to find out where it goes so it can come thru the front vents. Is there any possible way that you can help me get going. It would be a great help if you can help me.

caradiodoc

August, 17, 2013 AT 1:07 PM

That plastic line is most likely the vacuum hose that runs the heater controls. The mode doors are spring-loaded to default to the defrost position for safety. Your feet might freeze but your windshield will be clear.

There's a vacuum hose routing diagram on a sticker under the hood. If that broken hose is cracked, you can splice it with a piece of rubber hose. If it has a rubber fitting on the end, it came off the check valve which will be laying nearby.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement