Part name

GIZMO47
  • 2005 FORD RANGER
What is the 90 degree pipe at the back of a 2005 ford 3 litre from the intake manifold to the valve pan on the driver side?
Wednesday, May 18th, 2011 AT 3:01 AM

FIXITMR
Any chance of a picture to post?
Wednesday, May 18th, 2011 AT 4:09 AM
GIZMO47
Here is a picture of the part I am interested in. My brother in law also had a Ford 3 litre and was experiencing long, high idle time at start up as well. He had this part replaced to fix the problem and I didn't get the name of it.

Thanks,

Brian
Wednesday, May 18th, 2011 AT 2:53 PM
FIXITMR
While a dont see anything special about the hose/tube/pipe itself, it does have some kind of electrical connector at the bottom? But I dont think it's part of the hose. If that hose were leaking, I would suspect a problem but yours looks fine. Maybe you IAC valve is malfunctioning or some other vacuum leak is the cause of your problem?
Thursday, May 19th, 2011 AT 8:17 AM
I agree, I have a 32" monitor, and I just blew that pic up 300%, The wire looks to be a Unused/ Unneeded or Disconnected Connector, sorta just laying against the bottom of the hose.

I saw that you (gizmo47) had posted a new post. You oughtta keep responding at this one. Every time you add in factors or tests---Other Fellers here, read 'em too!

Somebody else may pipe in, with new info, based on all at the stuff, consolidated in one post!

Explain or take a pic of whatever ya'll are touching, that is affecting the RPM, with somebody's finger on it. Post it here. Please

The Medic
Friday, May 20th, 2011 AT 6:15 PM