2005 Ford F-150 Power Windows

LORD_DEANO40
  • 2005 FORD F-150
1. Power windows do not work. Rear power slide window works.
2. When I turn of engine radio would run until I opened the door. Now when I open the driver side door it stays on. If I open the passenger side it goes off.
3. I think there is a switch or sensor that lets the vehicle know when the door is opened. I think that drivers side door sensor is not working so it thinks that the door is open all the time. So it wont allow you to open the window or lock the doors. I think the other windows wont open cause the window lock was on when it stopped working correctly.

What do I need to do? Cant find anything that states there is such a switch or sensor. Please help.
Monday, April 27th, 2015 AT 10:35 AM

RIVERMIKERAT
There's a door pin switch inside the door frame. The courtesy light should stay lit if it's malfunctioning and making the system think the door is open.

Have you checked fuses and relays yet?
+1
Monday, April 27th, 2015 AT 10:39 AM
LORD_DEANO40
The courtesy light doesnt stay on. I have checked the fuse for the windows. I need to check the relay. When checking the relay how do you tell if it is bad? Or do you just replace and see if it works.
Monday, April 27th, 2015 AT 10:42 AM
RIVERMIKERAT
Check to see if it is receiving primary power ( a larger wire) and switching power ( smaller wire). When the key is on and the window is activated, you should hear and feel a small click from the relay.
Monday, April 27th, 2015 AT 10:48 AM
LORD_DEANO40
I will check as soon as I get home. Thanks
Monday, April 27th, 2015 AT 11:06 AM
RIVERMIKERAT
No problem. Let me know what you find out.
Monday, April 27th, 2015 AT 11:09 AM
LORD_DEANO40
Not getting anything from the relay. Power locks work on all doors except for the drivers door. But the key Fob and the key-less entry work. The only thing that appears to be affected is the buttons that are on the Drivers door arm rest to include the power mirrors.
Tuesday, April 28th, 2015 AT 5:08 AM
RIVERMIKERAT
Ok. Now we're getting somewhere. That sounds to me like the main wiring connector into the door came loose or the wires broke. You'll need to remove the left kick panel cover and probably the door cover to check. How about the speaker in that door, if there is one?
Tuesday, April 28th, 2015 AT 5:46 AM
LORD_DEANO40
I think the speaker is working. I will have to check that when I get home. Thanks and I will keep you updated.
Tuesday, April 28th, 2015 AT 5:52 AM
RIVERMIKERAT
Be careful when removing the door panel. Look closely around the edge for screws. Also in the armrest.
Tuesday, April 28th, 2015 AT 6:03 AM
LORD_DEANO40
The speaker is working. Either Friday or Saturday morning I will take the door panel off and check all connections and wires. I think there is 4 different connectors with in the door panel five with the power mirror. I appreciate the assistance and I will let you know what I find. Thank You.
Wednesday, April 29th, 2015 AT 4:58 AM
RIVERMIKERAT
Before you go all out with the door panel, check the door switches for power and proper function (opening and closing of the circuit when the switch is moved.).
Wednesday, April 29th, 2015 AT 8:22 AM
LORD_DEANO40
Will do. Thanks
Wednesday, April 29th, 2015 AT 9:13 AM
RIVERMIKERAT
No problem.
Wednesday, April 29th, 2015 AT 1:38 PM