ENGINE ACCELLERATION

2005 Dodge Ram

Ronson

December, 30, 2013 AT 4:12 AM

On my 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 I seem to be getting a flat spot in the accelleration that seems to be getting a little worse over the past week. When you depress the gas pedal from a stop it starts off then there is no accelleration for a short range through depressing the pedal then it jumps abrubtly and goes. Can you tell me what this may be? Maybe a throtttle position sensor?

hmac300

December, 30, 2013 AT 6:05 AM

Scan for codes and check fuelpressure with a gauge auto parts rent the gauge

Ronson

January, 13, 2014 AT 4:25 AM

I am getting a po409 code I believe for an EGR fault. I have cleared this about 4x in two years and it stays off for quite a while. I have checked fuel pressure and I was told it is average. Any other ideas?

hmac300

January, 13, 2014 AT 7:09 AM

If the fuel pressue isn't at least 58 psi thenit's not ook try cleaning the throttle plate on both sides with choke cleaner and iac hole then it may be sticky causing the problem. Also clean area around tps switch but I think if plate is cleaned it will take care of it. Unless it's a gas pedal problem. With that sensor but you don't have the correct code for it.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right