2005 DODGE RAM BRAKE GRINDING NOISE

• calgary12
  • 2005 Dodge Ram
  • automatic

I changed my front brake pads, and there we good for a few weeks. Now they are making a grinding noise when I start to coast at any speed. It actually causes my truck to de accelerate, it seems to go away when I step on the gas but there its a clunk noise when ever I hit the gas pedal. Is it misaligned pads? Stuck caliper piston? When I installed the pads I used an old brake pad and c clamp and fully depressed the caliper piston and it didn't take much force to do so. How ever I didn't pay much attention to the slide pins. Its really starting to worry me!

Thursday, December 5th, 2013 AT 3:22 PM

• saturntech9

Sounds like the calipers arent sliding freely you will have to get in there and see whats happening.

Thursday, December 5th, 2013 AT 3:36 PM
  • calgary12

How bad is it drive like this its making a hell of a noise but its still brining my truck to a stop normally. Should I just go ahead and replace the calipers or can I still salvage them?

Thursday, December 5th, 2013 AT 3:38 PM
  • saturntech9

If its grinding I would be looking at it right now cant say if the calipers or rotors are good or bad without looking at them.

Thursday, December 5th, 2013 AT 4:18 PM