WHEN I TRY TO START THE MOTER IT WONT EVEN TRY ...

• steventerry
  • 2005 Dodge Durango

When I try to start the moter it wont even try to rotate

Saturday, November 17th, 2012 AT 2:19 AM

• mhpautos

Can you get to try and rotate the engine by hand? Battery ok, any power at the starter, do dash lights come on?

Saturday, November 17th, 2012 AT 2:29 AM
  • steventerry

Lights come on battery is new and tried to rotate the engine but was not able to

Saturday, November 17th, 2012 AT 2:37 AM
  • mhpautos

I would pull the plugs and attempt to rotate the engine again, if not moving it well may be seized, have you had any oil or coolant problems prior to this problem?

Saturday, November 17th, 2012 AT 2:39 AM
  • steventerry

I changed the water pump about 2 months ago buts its been good since. Do I need to pull all the plugs

Saturday, November 17th, 2012 AT 2:42 AM
  • mhpautos

This will make it easier to turn engine, but if access is a problem don't worry about pulling all just the ones that are easy to get to, if you can get to the ring gear via an access plate or the starter motor and use a suitable lever to see if the engine can rotate by levering the ring gear this will do as well, just need to know if the engine will turn easly pulling the plugs and having no compression to fight against will mane this a bit easier yo achieve that's all.

Saturday, November 17th, 2012 AT 2:47 AM
  • steventerry

Ok I will see what all I can get to cause dodge stuffed the 5.7 hemi into the 05 durango

Saturday, November 17th, 2012 AT 2:52 AM