5

LARSEN125
  • 2005 DODGE DURANGO

5.7 Hemi, two wheel drive.
Last summer I was towing my camper back from the beach. The A/C pump went out @ 97 deg. I got a pump, expantion block (front and rear), and filtter dryer from auto zone. The expantion block looked slightly different but I used it anyway. It got cold but must be building up head presure too much because it gets warm just sitting still in a parking lot, (still blowing and pump still ingaged). I put the original expantion block back on. Now it gets cold but when I come to a stop or start to coast to slow down, I get a very rapid loud purring thud. It sounds like its coming from the expantion block or right there on the fire wall. It goes out imidiatly when I turn off the A/C. I thought I might have put in too much freeon in so I let some out, only to have to put more back in to get it cool.

Friday, March 29th, 2013 AT 5:39 PM

ASEMASTER6371

How much did you put in?

What are the pressures?

Did you vacuum it down?

Friday, March 29th, 2013 AT 6:15 PM
LARSEN125

I do not remember right off hand how much I put in, but it was the recomended amount and I did not go over the 100+temp markfor the presure, and yes I did vacume it down for about 45min. Used the vacume that Auto zone has on there loan a tool program.

Friday, March 29th, 2013 AT 8:05 PM
ASEMASTER6371

And the pressures?

Friday, March 29th, 2013 AT 8:29 PM
LARSEN125

180 or so, I can't remember but I will check it again tonight.

Friday, March 29th, 2013 AT 8:43 PM