5

2005 Dodge Durango

larsen125

March, 29, 2013 AT 5:39 PM

5.7 Hemi, two wheel drive.
Last summer I was towing my camper back from the beach. The A/C pump went out @ 97 deg. I got a pump, expantion block (front and rear), and filtter dryer from auto zone. The expantion block looked slightly different but I used it anyway. It got cold but must be building up head presure too much because it gets warm just sitting still in a parking lot, (still blowing and pump still ingaged). I put the original expantion block back on. Now it gets cold but when I come to a stop or start to coast to slow down, I get a very rapid loud purring thud. It sounds like its coming from the expantion block or right there on the fire wall. It goes out imidiatly when I turn off the A/C. I thought I might have put in too much freeon in so I let some out, only to have to put more back in to get it cool.

March, 29, 2013 AT 6:15 PM

How much did you put in?

What are the pressures?

Did you vacuum it down?

larsen125

March, 29, 2013 AT 8:05 PM

I do not remember right off hand how much I put in, but it was the recomended amount and I did not go over the 100+temp markfor the presure, and yes I did vacume it down for about 45min. Used the vacume that Auto zone has on there loan a tool program.

March, 29, 2013 AT 8:29 PM

And the pressures?

larsen125

March, 29, 2013 AT 8:43 PM

180 or so, I can't remember but I will check it again tonight.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Cabin Air Filter Replacement