JUST REPLACED ALTERNATOR AGAIN TWO WEEKS AGO IT ...

• vincycartroubles
  • 2005 Chrysler Town and Country

Just replaced alternator AGAIN two weeks ago, it was replaced originally one year ago. Now the battery light is coming on intermittently and I had it checked at three different places they say that both battery and alternator if functioning like it should -unclear why battery indicator comes on. HELP

Monday, October 22nd, 2012 AT 10:04 PM

• rasmataz

Have this checked out: The Electronic Voltage Regulator (EVR) is not a separate component. It is actually a voltage regulating circuit located within the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). The EVR is not serviced separately. If replacement is necessary, the PCM must be replaced.

Monday, October 22nd, 2012 AT 10:18 PM
  • caradiodoc

You have an intermittent problem so the testing has to be done while the problem is occurring. Brushes in the alternator are the most common source of trouble, and can be replaced separately for 9 bucks, but I would never do that without performing some tests first. When the problem is occurring, measure the resistance between the two smaller wires on the back of the alternator. If you find an open circuit, the brushes are worn.

Monday, October 22nd, 2012 AT 10:23 PM