2005 Chrysler T&C Computer Reboot?

PROHACK36
  • 2005 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY
The van had been in the garage prior to taking it out on the coldest day of the year. It was a very windy day with plenty of blowing snow. Driving at about 50 mph, every warning light on the dash display came on for about three seconds then turned off, followed by the tach and speedometer dropping back to 0, then to the far right, and back to 0 again before registering correct readings again. This happened three times in about 5 minutes. We did not experience any motor or power failures. Any suggestions?
Monday, December 13th, 2010 AT 2:33 PM

JCNINJA636
Was the radio and ac/heater on at the time?
Were the headlights on?
How far from first start-up till the malfunction?
Monday, December 13th, 2010 AT 3:24 PM
PROHACK36
Radio, headlights, and heat was a blowing. First malfunction occurred after about three - four minutes from starting the engine.
Wednesday, December 15th, 2010 AT 2:10 AM
JCNINJA636
As long as there were no power issues while driving (e.G. The engine never stalled or lost power while accelerating) then it sounds to me to be the battery is weak and would need to be replace.

You can get a new battery at your local part store (Autozone, Advanced Auto Parts, etc) or t your local dealer.

Also I would have to charging system/alternator checked.
Your local Autozone will test it for free for you.
As long as the alternator tests good proceed to replace battery.

The battery should be around $120.00 at a local dealer, parts store and does not require and special tool to replace.
Just a 10mm wrench/socket and possible 13mm socket (depending on the current battery tie down instaled over battery.
Just removed negative and positive battery cables (removed negative 1st), the removed battery tie down.
Then install new battery and reinstall battery tie down. Install positive battery cable 1st, then negative battery cable and be sure not to over tighten cables on battery. Just snug enough so the cables are not loose on battery terminals.
Fell free to reply again for any help needed, comments/concerns.
Let me know how it comes out.
Wednesday, December 15th, 2010 AT 7:46 AM
PROHACK36
Jcninja636 - Thanks a bunch for your comments and time. Much appreciated!

Prohack36
Wednesday, December 15th, 2010 AT 8:12 PM