My car is 5

ZJYYMTGT126
  • 2005 CHRYSLER 300

My car is 5.7L and V8. Recently the oil pressure sensor(switch) is bad. The old part number is 56044777AA, and it has 2 connections. But it is said to be superseded by 5149062AA, which has 3 connections. I was wondering are they actually interchangeable? Could I use the new one to fix my car? Thank you for your help!

Wednesday, January 30th, 2013 AT 2:54 PM

If there are only two wires then it should have two wires, I'd recheck your part number they may be looking up wrong engine on list.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Wednesday, January 30th, 2013 AT 3:25 PM
ZJYYMTGT126

It seems like there is nowhere to buy the old part. Could you please tell me what I should do so that I can have my car fixed? I'll appreciate for your help!

Wednesday, January 30th, 2013 AT 3:49 PM

If you go to an auto parts store or the dealer i'm sure they will know what is different there areno tsb's talkinga bout a aswitch change which there would be if this were the case, try a dealer im sure they will have something on this. I have no idea how the hook up is on the theree way switch so cannot advise how to hook it up.

Wednesday, January 30th, 2013 AT 4:08 PM

I just looked on teh wireing chart and the OIL PRESSURE SENSOR is a three wire connector. HOWEVER the OIL TEMP SENSOR IS a two way wire, you are looking for the wrong one or have told the counter person the wrong sensor.

Wednesday, January 30th, 2013 AT 4:13 PM