2005 Chevrolet Uplander wheel sound

STEVENG72490
  • 2005 CHEVROLET UPLANDER
When driving between 1 and 30 mph there is a "wobbling sound", not an actual wobble, just a noise and its progressive. I also noticed that it gets worse when turning to the left and straight and goes away when banking to the right. I feel like it might be a wheel baring but I think I just replaced it not even a year ago any info you could give me would be great
Saturday, March 21st, 2015 AT 6:40 AM

EVEN NEW STUFF CAN BE BAD RIGHT OFF OF THE SHELF, YOU ALSO HAVE THE INFERIOR MAYBE CHEAPER STUFF OUT THERE TOO

ANOTHER FACTOR IS, "WAS IT PROPERLY INSTALLED?" SOME PEOPLE JUST SORT A "SLING" STUFF ON BY "FEEL", A BETTER FELLER USES THE TORQUE SPECS AND BY THE BOOK METHODS FOR INSTALLATION.

LET'S JACK UP THE SUSPECT WHEEL AND SORTA GRAB IT A 3 & 9, NOW DO THE BALLROOM DANCE MAYBE LIKE THE "CHA-CHA" TO SEE OF THERE IS SOME SLACK/ SLIGHT BUMPING/ OR ANY SIDEWAYS MOVEMENT (ANY AT ALL-THERE SHOULD BE NONE)

NOW YOUR PARTNER IS READY TO DIP! GRAB HER AT 6 & 12, RUN THRU THE SAME ROUTINE

YOU SHOULD ONLY HAVE ROTATIONAL MOVEMENT AND NO SIDE TO SIDE AT ALL.

THEM LUG NUTS TIGHT?

GOOD?

HAVE YOUR PAL TURN THE STEERING, REALLY ONLY MAYBE 1/16th TO AN 1/8th OF A TURN BUT REPEATEDLY BACK IN FORTH IN THIS "ZONE" (SLOW AND/ OR FAST) YOU NEED TO BE WATCHING, WITH MAYBE A FLASHLIGHT, AT THE INTERSECTIONS OF YOUR STEERING LINKAGES (ALL OF 'EM). IF ONE MOVES, THE OTHER ADJOINING PART SHOULD MOVE AT EXACTLY THE SAME TIME. (THIS IS SLACK/ SLOP) IF THERE IS A MILLISECOND OF DELAY IN THE OTHER PART MOVING, OR YOU SEE IT SLIGHTLY ROTATE WITH A DELAYED MOVEMENT TO IT'S FRIEND, YOU MAY HAVE A WORN BALL JOINT/ BUSHING/ ETC. HAVE IT CHECKED BY A PROFESSIONAL (AS THIS MAY BE REAL UNSAFE SITUATION)

GOOD?

OK, THIS WILL INVOLVE SOME PHYSICAL LABOR, SWAP THE WHEEL WITH ONE OF THE REARS, I PREFER THE FURTHEST FROM THE SUSPECT NOISE. DID IT STOP UP FRONT? IS THE OTHER LOCATION MAKING ANY NOISE OR VIBRATION? (IT MAY NOT BE THE SAME RACKET EXACTLY, BUT IS IT ABNORMAL TO WHAT IT WAS (NOW IN THE REAR? SUSPECT A MESSED UP TIRE/ BENT OR WARPED WHEEL, IF THE PROBLEM MOVED WITH THE SWAP.

KEEP US POSTED ON PROGRESS

Saturday, March 21st, 2015 AT 8:43 AM

Related General Content

Drill Out a Bolt and Tap a Thread
VIDEO