I just bought a used truck, the engine light is.

ANONYMOUS
  • 2005 CHEVROLET TRUCK
I just bought a used truck, the engine light is on, I don't know what is wrong, please help me
Wednesday, April 3rd, 2013 AT 3:10 AM

HERE'S WHAT YOU DOEXACTLY!

MOST POPULAR AUTO PARTS STORES WILL SCAN YOUR SYSTEM. USUALLY IT'S A FREE SERVICE!

TAKE PEN AND PAPER

WRITE DOWN EXACTLY WHAT THE CODE NUMBERS ARE. DUMB EXAMPLES ARE P0442, P0167

GET 'EM ALL

THE PARTS STORE GUY MAY GIVE RECOMMENDATIONS OR HIS OPINION AS TO WHAT MAY BE WRONG (HE MAY BE RIGHT) CODES CAN BE INTERPRETED IN DIFFERENT WAYSREASON FOR WANTING THE EXACT NUMBERS. NOT WHAT "HE" THINKS COULD BE WRONG

COME BACK TO THIS POST AND POST THE CODES. SOMEONE WILL HELP YOU. EVEN IF I HAVE TO GO GET 'EM! (I'M MORE OF A JEEP CJ KINDA GUY)

GET CODED. NOW. WHILE IT WILL DRIVE

ONCE YOU GET IT CODED. MAYBE THE AUTO PARTS STORE WILL GIVE YOU SUGGESTIONS. LET'S INVESTIGATE THIS A LITTLE DEEPER BEFORE YOU TAKE ACTION (THIS MAY SAVE YOU TIME AND THE MONEY OF "THROWING PARTS AT IT

YOU MAY HAVE ONE OR MANY CODES SHOW UP

TAKE EACH ONE. EXAMPLE :

"P0440"

AND TACK EACH ONE ON THE END OF THIS

OBD-CODES. COM/ ."THEN EACH CODE, ONE AT A TIME, ON A NEW TAB"

NOW IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE THIS

OBD-CODES. COM/P0440 ENTER IT

NORMALLY THIS WILL BRING UP A PAGE THAT "EXPLAINS THE SITUATION"----"POSSIBLE CAUSES"----AND BEST OF ALL, "POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS"

SHOULD YOU STILL HAVE PROBLEMS OR QUESTIONS----GIVE US THE EXACT CODE NUMBERS THAT THE SCANNER SHOWED (NOT INTERPRETATIONS--THAT HAVE BEEN THROWN AT YOU)

SOUND EZ ENOUGH?

XCODES

Wednesday, April 3rd, 2013 AT 4:06 AM