Reset oil service light

MARKLH63
  • 2005 CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER
I have a 2005 chevy trailblazer LT and the engine oil light has come on, it was time to change the oil so I did. The light remains on longer than it should after starting. How do I reset it?
Wednesday, March 9th, 2011 AT 1:03 AM

Here is the instructions for resetting the oil service light from Mitchell1

ENGINE OIL REPLACEMENT REMINDER RESET - PROCEDURE 11
Reset Procedure
If vehicle is equipped with a Driver Information Center (DIC), reset oil life monitor by pressing the Driver Information Center SELECT button for 5 seconds while ENGINE OIL LIFE is displayed.

Alternate Method
To reset the oil life monitor, turn ignition switch to ON or RUN position with engine off. Depress accelerator pedal slowly to wide open throttle 3 times within 5 seconds. If CHANGE ENG OIL light flashes for 5 seconds, oil life monitor is reset. If the CHANGE ENG OIL light does not flash, oil life monitor has not reset. Repeat this step.

GM Oil Life System - Resetting
See SERVICE REMINDER INDICATORS. This information is no longer published in the service manual. This information will also be found within Engine Oil Life System in the Owner's Manual. Refer to Category Service and Appearance Care, then Checking Things Under the Hood, and then subsection Description and Operation.

You may be able to use the Search information function using the words Oil Life.
Wednesday, March 9th, 2011 AT 1:06 AM