Brake light not working

MR. HYPERVENTILATING
  • 2005 CHEVROLET TAHOE
Rear hatch brake light not working nor does rear hatch windshield wipers. Every once in a while vehicle want start until I switch around relay fuses and try it again?
Friday, February 1st, 2013 AT 1:13 AM

I have seen the brake light switch and the flasher module stop working to cause this issue here is guide and the brake light wiring diagrams so you can see how then system works and which wires to test to see where you are losing power.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.

Friday, February 1st, 2013 AT 2:34 AM
MR. HYPERVENTILATING
Thanks it was the flasher module I had to get a new one for $54.00 fix my problem. I love this site.
Friday, February 1st, 2013 AT 3:16 AM
Glad you could get it fixed, that kind of problem can be tough. Please use 2CarPros anytime we are here to help.
Friday, February 1st, 2013 AT 3:38 AM
XMYSTERX2000
  • 2002 CHEVROLET TAHOE
So I just changed my brake lights to some aftermarket lights. They are the new led brake lights. When installing the new lights I plugged the lights the wrong way in the socket. I figured it out later and switched it but the driver side brake like will not work. The right side only works when I turn on the lights, it does not work when I press the brake pedal. Can some one please help me. I did check the socket and gets no power. I checked the wire behind it and still no power. I check the box that is righr by the steering wheel, when I open the door and nothing. The fuse for the brake is good. I dont know if there is another fuse box? Please help.

josr
Wednesday, December 4th, 2019 AT 2:49 PM (Merged)
Hello, there two fuses for the brake circuit, you need to check the fuse circuits, to see if they are hot.

The stop lamp fuse is hot all the time, supplies voltage to the brake switch.

The vehicle stop fuse is after the switch, goes hot when you step on the brake. Both fuses should be in the underhood electrical center. Driver side brake lite voltage, lite blue wire.
OLINFRYE
  • 2000 CHEVROLET TAHOE
My left and right brake lights are not working, but my third light is working. I have checked the bulbs and the fuses. I also replaced the stoplight switch. I do not know where to look next. Please give me some ideas.
BLUELIGHTNIN6
Your brake light wiring harness may be faulty or wiring harness plug may have come loose. If your cyclops is working then the stop light switch is working.
BILLMAR
  • 2000 CHEVROLET TAHOE
Right side brake light doesn't work. Changed bulb still not working. All other lights are working properly.
Check lt. Blu wire to see if there is power there, it may be a bad socket or a bad ground. It grounds to spare tire bracket under truck. If no power it is broken wire or bad connection at very rear cross frame there should be a circuit board that may be the problem as well it' s on lh side of truck
BLJUDD
  • 2000 CHEVROLET TAHOE
I have no brake lights
1- turn signals work.
2- tail lights work.
3 -light over the back doors comes on when you step on brakes.
4-4 way flashers don't work
any ideas will help

thank you
MERLIN2021
You need to test the multifunction switch...

https://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_Multifuntion_copy_1.gif

Sponsored links