2005 Chevrolet Silverado Transmission

CPARKS256
  • 2005 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I was driving my truck today and it was driving great no problem then on the way home from work my car just stopped moving I can still put in gear and it will move a little but not enough power to even pull in my driveway checked The transmission fluid's and they were bone dry so I added a quart and still nothing I was reading on some forumys that it could've been my shifter cable has come loose or my transmission lines are clogged what could it be please I pirchased the truck two days ago and have had no problems
Saturday, November 14th, 2015 AT 7:35 PM

I'M SORTA LEANING TOWARDS THE INNARDS OF THE TRANNY (CLUTCHES AND SUCH) DID NOT GET LUBRICATED DUE TO THE LACK OF TRANNY JUICE, NOW THEY ARE MOST LIKELY WORN OUT AND CANNOT FUNCTION. NOTHING SHORT OF A MIRACLE COULD MAKE IT ALL BETTER WHERE IT SITS NOW.

I'D SAY IT'S TIME TO SEE THE TRANNY MAN AND HAVE IT REBUILT.

IN MY MIND, THROWING THE OTHER POSSIBILITIES IN COULDA BEEN SOMETHING TO LOOK INTO, HAD YOU SAID YOUR FLUID LEVEL WAS STILL ACCEPTABLE.

I HATE TO BE THE BEARER OF BAD NEWS (AT LEAST MY OPINION) YOU REALLY GOTTA KEEP UP WITH YOUR FLUID CHECKS. MOST OWNERS MANUALS STRESS THAT YOU CHECK THE COOLANT LEVEL, OIL LEVEL, AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION LEVEL WEEKLY! (NOT BOB DOWN AT THE LUBE SHOP EVERY 4000 MILES) KINDA COMES LATE NOW, BUT KEEPING WEEKLY TABS ON THE LEVELS MIGHT ALERT YOU TO AN ABNORMALITY OR SUDDEN LOSS OF FLUIDS, AN EARLY WARNING TO MAKE A REPAIR BEFORE THINGS GET REALLY BAD.

A REPAIR MANUAL (OR EVEN THE OWNER'S MANUAL) GIVES YOU A "SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE" SECTION OF WHEN (TIME) OR MILEAGE AS TO WHEN TO CHECK/ CHANGE FLUIDS AND OTHER STUFF. (THINGS THAT MANY FOLKS OVERLOOK/ DISREGARD, LIKE THE DIFFERENTIAL)

"SATURDAY" IS MY DAY TO DO MY ROUTINE CHECKS OF THE 4 VEHICLES IN MY MOTOR POOL! IT DON'T TAKE LONG TO DO A WALK AROUND AND PULL SOME DIPSTICKS!

Saturday, November 14th, 2015 AT 8:48 PM