Speedometer

BLACKGOLD
  • 2005 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
My speedometer on my 2005 silverado keeps sticking
Tuesday, November 16th, 2010 AT 2:37 PM

MMPRINCE4000
It is most likely the gauge, to confirm, use scanner in live data and scan while driving. If speed operates normally on scanner then gauge is suspect, if not, then sender.
Tuesday, November 16th, 2010 AT 2:41 PM
The only thing that can be done is to remove the cluster and see if there is a means of lubericating it. It frnctions from an electrical impulse, unlike the older vehicles that had a cable. The clutsters on these vehicles have been a problem and most times need replaced.
Tuesday, November 16th, 2010 AT 2:41 PM
KENNY LOWE
GM had a class action lawsuit about the speedometers on their Chevrolet and GMC pickups, GM did not do a recall but they greed to replace the cluster on them (2004-2007) for free if they have 70,000 or less miles on them, they also agreed to replace the cluster if they had 70,000 to 80,000 for free but you have to pay labor cost. I just took my 2005 GMC to the dealer and they replaced mine for free and it had 74,000 on it, so they may now be replacing them for free up to 80,000 miles. You need to contact your local dealer and ask them about them. If you have to pay yourself they run about $595. Hope this helps
Tuesday, November 16th, 2010 AT 5:04 PM
SSNOVAII
This is a common issue with the 03-06 Silverados. It's caused by failing gauge motors inside your instrument cluster. It can be repaired, check www. Drspeedometer. Com for details.
Tuesday, November 16th, 2010 AT 10:01 PM