2005 Chevrolet Silverado rear brakes ingaged when driving

LENNYSDRWALL
  • 2005 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
  • RWD
I replace my 05 rear end whrn it went out with a 03 rear end. It has been doing fine. I replaced rear pads now. Its as I am driving while holding brake. They are not releasing. The e-brake cable is no hooked up either
Sunday, June 28th, 2015 AT 11:38 AM

CHECK THE RUBBER HOSE(S)

IF IT'S BOTH SIDES OF THE REAR AXLE, MAYBE THE ONE FROM THE AXLE TO THE BODY IS THE PROBLEM

ON FRONT CALIPERS, NORMALLY THERE IS A HOSE FOR EITHER SIDE, MUCH OF THE TIME, ONLY ONE SIDE WOULD LOCK UP

ON THE REAR, IT'S PROBABLY HARD PIPED INTO THE CALIPERS, THE ONLY HOSE WOULD BE FROM THE AXLE (WHERE THE STEEL LINES TEE IN, TO THE BODY)

OLD HOSES SOMETIMES START ACTING LIKE CHECK VALVES, FLUID WILL PUSH THRU IT, IT JUST WON'T LET IT BACK OUT

OTHERS MIGHT TELL YOU TO PUT IT ON JACK STANDS WHEN IT'S/ THEY ARE LOCKING UP. THEN LOOSEN THE BLEEDER SCREW FOR A MOMENT (LIKE DO THIS ONCE, LOCK IT UP AGAIN AND DO THE OTHER) IF THE BRAKES RELEASE, IT'S PROBABLY THE HOSE. THIS ALL BEING TO VERIFY THIS IS THE PROBLEM

I'M NOT EVEN GONNA MAKE YOU GO THRU THAT

WHY? (I JUST 'SPLAINED IT FOR ONE)

IF THIS HOSE "IS OLD" OR SAT IN A SALVAGE YARD "UNHOOKED", MAYBE THE WEATHER GOT TO IT, OR A DIRT DAUBER GOT IN IT. OR IF THE AXLE WAS ALLOWED TO "YANK" AND "DANGLE" BY THIS RUBBER LINE WHEN THE AXLE WAS REMOVED

EITHER WAY, YOU DON'T KNOW IT'S HISTORY

IT'D BE A GOOD CALL TO JUST REPLACE IT FOR PEACE OF MIND, AND HOPE THAT I'M NOT WRONG WITH MY DIAGNOSIS!

RETURN WITH GOOD NEWS!

Sunday, June 28th, 2015 AT 7:38 PM