2005 Chevrolet Silverado No Fire

• 1 POST

Fuel Module went out so after taking the bed off by myself and getting the new one in. And replacing the plugs and wires and the distributor and rotor kit. As well as ohm testing ignition module and coil but bought new coil I still have no fire. The snap on code reader/tuner showed no codes and on the data screen showed rpms and everything. I've been struggling with this and cannot figure it out. Checked fuel module w my vin to double check it was correct one. Have fuel at regulator.

Saturday, April 4th, 2015 AT 10:58 PM

Did you reattach the ground wires when you put the bed back on?

Did you confirm it needed a fuel pump in the first place?

If you haven't found your problem you you have to go back to basic testing.

All "crank, no start" conditions are approached in the same way. Every engine requires certain functions to be able to run. Some of these functions rely on specific components to work and some components are part of more than one function so it is important to see the whole picture to be able to conclude anything about what may have failed. Also, these functions can ONLY be tested during the failure. Any other time and they will simply test good because the problem isn't present at the moment.
If you approach this in any other way, you are merely guessing and that only serves to replace unnecessary parts and wastes money.

Every engine requires spark, fuel and compression to run. That's what we have to look for.

These are the basics that need to be tested and will give us the info required to isolate a cause.

1) Test for spark at the plug end of the wire using a spark tester. If none found, check for power supply on the + terminal of the coil with the key on.

2) Test for injector pulse using a small bulb called a noid light. If none found, check for power supply at one side of the injector with the key on.

3) Use a fuel pressure gauge to test for correct fuel pressure, also noticing if the pressure holds when key is shut off.

4) If all of these things check good, then you would need to do a complete compression test.

Once you have determined which of these functions has dropped out,
you will know which system is having the problem.

Sunday, April 5th, 2015 AT 4:34 AM