Crankshaft position senser

BUTERSKOTCH
  • 2005 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I have 2005 Silverado V6 I replaced CPS now a code PO335 has came up. Is there something I can do to fix it without going to dealer to relearn computer?
Thursday, January 13th, 2011 AT 6:43 PM

Did you have this code before you worked on it? Were there any driveability issues before you worked on it, if so, what were they?

At the moment, will it start and run? Did you check the crank sensor connector for ref voltage--ground? There is also a signal wire, middle wire. Green wire is ref voltage, about 12 volts, key on. The other wire, yellow, should be ground. According to MOD, an internally shorted cam sensor can cause that code to set. Could be a faulty wiring circuit, somewhere?
Thursday, January 13th, 2011 AT 8:39 PM
BUTERSKOTCH
There was a problem with the tranny. It wouldn't change out of 2nd on up.I put the aftermarket kit they give you for the purge soleniod on, and tried starting it to test it, but it wouldn't start. When I checked the code it came up PO335 CPS circuit A malfunction.I put a voltage tester on and I can only get 10.52 volts. Maybe a fractured wire? Thank you for responding JDL
Friday, January 14th, 2011 AT 12:03 AM
Take a reading across battery posts, key on, is the reading at the crank sensor the same or close? There may not be anything wrong with 10.5 volts. I said 12 volts because my database said 12 volts. I think they meant battery voltage, that's the way I understand it.
Friday, January 14th, 2011 AT 4:39 PM
BUTERSKOTCH
I have same voltage from bat to senser.I found a short in the truck body controller when I pull the 50amp fuse I have alot of resistance. When I pull the 10amp fuse I still have 8.1 of resistance. Where do I start looking? Thank you for helping JDL!
Friday, January 14th, 2011 AT 11:15 PM
I guess I got lost somewhere. What 50 amp fuse, what 10 amp fuse? What does that have to do with what we're talking about?
Saturday, January 15th, 2011 AT 5:11 PM