2005 Chevy Classic

SUSANBMK
  • 2005 CHEVROLET MALIBU
I'm having a hard time backing my car up, it feels like the emergency brake is on but it is not. I am also hearing a grinding noise when putting on my brakes, I was told that it is my strutts is that possible. There is also a flapping noise while driving and grinding when driving could you please tell me what it could be thank you Susan
Sunday, February 27th, 2011 AT 2:04 AM

PROTECH1980
Do you know last time that your cars brakes were inspected? It sounds like that may be your first issue, when there isnt any braking material left on your brake pad(s) they start wearing into your brake rotor giving off a metallic metal on metal noise when applying the brakes, this also could explain why it may seem hard to back up, Im not so sure about the flapping noise but if your also hearing a grinding or howling type noise different from the brake noise while driving, it isnt uncommon for these cars to have wheel bearing issues and this is something that can be checked out also during a brake inspection, which you so do as soon as possible. Hope this helps and if you have any more questions let me know.
+1
Sunday, February 27th, 2011 AT 3:41 AM
SUSANBMK
Thank you very much I'm having brakes looked at today. It seems like I have to replace brakes almost every year, since i've owned this car is there a reason for that. My dad told me I ride them all the time, but I never had problems with any other car of mine, only this one. I will let you know what they find out n thank you again it was a big help
Sunday, February 27th, 2011 AT 4:36 PM
PROTECH1980
Your welcome, If you are having on ongoing problem with premature brake wear, have your mechanic make sure to check all caliper slides/are free and not hanging up causing them pad(s) to wear quickly, a hung up caliper could also explain why your brakes to to feel like their stuck on when in reverse/and grinding while moving. Im glad I could help and let me know what they find.
Sunday, February 27th, 2011 AT 5:56 PM