• jbdrums09
  • 2005 Chevrolet Impala
  • automatic

I have a 2005 Chevy Impala that stalls randomly it has been doing this for at least a year. I was told by a mechanic that he thinks the problem is a body control module. He checked the wiring and said it was fine. He said that he has done some research online and found that a lot of 2001 -2005 impalas have had problems with the BCM and that replacing it has fixed the problem.I have no reason to think he's lying about it, but I don't want to spend money on a part I don't need cause I have already replaced the cam and crank sensors and the car still stalls. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Wednesday, December 29th, 2010 AT 5:06 AM

• hmac300

Try this first. Spray the throttle body with choke cleaner on both sides. They tend to get gummy with oil and stick at idle, it will cost you $3-4 for a can of choke cleaner. Make sure to put the air duct back on and car may be hard to start after cleaning it.

Thursday, February 3rd, 2011 AT 6:06 PM