04 STARS BUT THEN DIES

2004 Volkswagen Jetta

Bauer419

I have a 2004 VW jetta 2.0L. I have had no problems with it since we purchased it in 2007. It currently has 51k miles on it. Last night, I started it at 4am after it was sitting out in 5 degree temperatures. I brought it into a 70 degree heated garage, where I washed the exterior and vacuumed the inside. I dried the vehicle and left it with the doors open until 7am. I came back and attempted to start said vehicle. It starts and runs for approximately 2 seconds but then dies. I checked the fuses and the battery has plenty of juice (new this year). What would be causing me this problem?

Two things. One, bringing it inside from the cold, I noticed a large amount of condensation in the interior of the vehicle and in the engine compartment after I cleaned it. I did not wash the engine. And two, when I put the key into the ignition and turn it on (not attempting to start the vehicle yet), none of the dash lights come on, the LCD displays don't show anything, and the gauges are not responsive. The red battery light is illuminated when the key is inserted and when the vehicle dies.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

rosowsk1

January, 20, 2013 AT 3:56 AM

Did you find a solution? I'm having the same problem now.