DOOR CHECK

2004 Toyota Sienna

Eefun Formee

December, 6, 2010 AT 1:57 AM

2004 Toyota Sienna: The driver side door check weld came off and started making a loud clunking sound when opening/closing the door. Contacted Toyota CS and they approved repair but the local Toyota dealer refused it (?). Toyota CS said they have the final say in the matter (?). Online views suggest that repairs don't help because the weld comes off again.
Anyways, what is the function of the door check? Is it OK if it is completely taken off the door frame? I guess the door will swig freely without the door check (?). Will it cause any further damage to the door (the Toyota guys told me it will put too much extra strain on the door hinges. I don't trust these guys).

Door Hinges

1 ANSWER

Door Hinge

1 ANSWER

December, 7, 2010 AT 5:35 PM

Without it, the door would swing freely and can cause injuries if the door were to close due to a sudden gust of wind.

The door is going to over-swing and one day the whole door is going to drop off.

Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease
Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Window Switch Replacement and Test