04 SENTRA SPEC-V: POSSIBLE VALVE LIFTER NOISE

• cmuell89
  • 2004 Nissan Sentra
  • manual

I have 2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R SpecV. At the moment, my catalytic converter, resonator, and muffler all need to be replaced. Now to top it all off I have started to hear a ticking noise under acceleration that seems to come from the engine compartment. It's certainly worse during the mornings when the car has not warmed up as much.

I am nervous that is might have something to do with the valve lifters. I am not certain if the lifters are mechanical or hydraulic or not (I'm guess hydraulic). The oil level is good and the last Nissan inspection gave me a good rating on oil pressure. I'm hoping that the rusty cat or resonator is leaking engine noise but it really sounds like its coming form the engine. Would anyone know how much it would cost to replace the lifters in the engine? I already am about to spend 2000g parts labor tax on the whole exhaust system. AHH! Haha.

Thanks!

Carl

Tuesday, August 16th, 2011 AT 3:05 AM

• rasmataz

Sounds like you have a valve lifter leakdown problem

+1
Thursday, August 18th, 2011 AT 10:03 AM