2004 Nissan Armada heat wont work

LJCALLES
  • 2004 NISSAN ARMADA
  • RWD
There is a knocking sound in my dashboard, the heater will blow cold air only
Tuesday, October 20th, 2015 AT 8:31 AM

MHPAUTOS
You have an air lock in the heater, have you been topping up the coolant? If so get a cooling system pressure test done to help locate the leak.
Wednesday, October 21st, 2015 AT 12:58 AM
LJCALLES
Thank you, I will get that checked out. I've also read that it could be be the blender door actuator and the dashboard needs to be removed to replace the part?
Wednesday, October 21st, 2015 AT 7:41 AM
MHPAUTOS
If you have not been having a problem with coolant loos then that would be the next place to look, feel the heater hoses with the engine hot, if you have good circulation and no air lock both hoses will be hot to touch.
Wednesday, October 21st, 2015 AT 1:26 PM
LJCALLES
I never used my air conditioning in the summer so it def could be coolant. Thanks for the info. You have been great!
Wednesday, October 21st, 2015 AT 1:45 PM
MHPAUTOS
Ok, hope its not a big deal to fix, if you get stuck re post for further assistance.
Friday, October 23rd, 2015 AT 3:02 AM
LJCALLES
Coolant in radiator is def low. Will add this weekend. The reservoir is at normal level though. I'll let you know
Friday, October 23rd, 2015 AT 6:47 AM
MHPAUTOS
OK, defiantly sounding like hammer due to an air lock, make sure you locate and repair and coolant leaks.
Friday, October 23rd, 2015 AT 10:08 PM
LJCALLES
Added anitfreeze directly into radiator and heat works like a charm. Taking this weekend to have hoses checked. What is a air lock? It only "hammers" when I put heat on then stops.
Monday, October 26th, 2015 AT 6:05 AM
MHPAUTOS
Air lock is when you have air trapped in the heater core, like when you open a tap at home and you get that noise behind the wall, if you are unlucky that is, you need to ensure that all air is bleed out of the heater system.
Monday, October 26th, 2015 AT 1:39 PM
LJCALLES
How does one bleed the air out of the heater core? Can I do it or do I need to see mechanic. Thank you for all your helpful info.
Tuesday, October 27th, 2015 AT 7:07 AM
MHPAUTOS
It really should self bleed, but if it is a problem with air trapped in the heater, try and elevate the front of the car so the coolant filler is at the highest point, run the engine with the heater on high, air should make its way out as the system heats up, with the car at normal temp both heater hoses at the fire wall should be hot to touch.
Tuesday, October 27th, 2015 AT 1:35 PM