2004 Mitsubishi Lancer AC help

ESTEBAN83
  • 2004 MITSUBISHI LANCER
Just charged the AC and hadn't used the AC last year. We bought the car pre owned, and decided to have it fixed AC works on all settings just wondering why out of nowhere hot air blows out? Especially when at a stop or sitting in the car.
Friday, June 19th, 2015 AT 2:05 PM

MHPAUTOS
What exactly did you do with the A/c and do you know how much refrigerant is in the system, there should be a specific amount which is added by weight.
Sunday, June 21st, 2015 AT 5:17 AM
ESTEBAN83
My husband used the AC pro bottle that Auto zone highly recommended I was told by my dad to use a charge kit that had oil to lube everything and the man at Autozone told him the AC pro kits had oil to lube the system but what's funny is, I went back to read it and just found it stopped leaks is this product recommended if the cars AC hadn't been turned on? Maybe I misread the can or maybe the associate made an assumption there is oil inside the product but I read no such thing on the can :-/
Monday, June 22nd, 2015 AT 9:55 PM
MHPAUTOS
The A/C system must be charged with the correct weight of refrigerant, the pressure gauges used will help with determining faults with the system, just adding refrigerant is a waste of time and money, these shops will sell you what you really cant use, and I feel that you have found this out the hard way, here in Aust, the sale of refrigerant over the counter is banned and you need a licence to obtain this, go get the system checked by a qualified A/C tech.
Tuesday, June 23rd, 2015 AT 3:02 AM
ESTEBAN83
Good to know! Many thanks!
Tuesday, June 23rd, 2015 AT 10:04 AM
MHPAUTOS
Hope all works out for you, if you have any further questions on this problem feel happy to re post.
Tuesday, June 23rd, 2015 AT 2:41 PM