Heating connector problem

BUFFARILLA
  • 2004 MERCURY MOUNTAINEER
  • AWD
On my 2004 Mercury Mountaineer there is a hose from the heater core to a tee connector. The hose slides into the tee and there is a barb on the inside of the tee to hold it in place. All three tees are the same and no clamps. What is this tee called and where can I get a new one?
Friday, July 29th, 2011 AT 3:04 AM

JIS001
The vacuum tee is also called a mini-Tube. Here is the repair procedure if this is what you are talking about?

Measure the length of the damaged area of the mini-tube vacuum hose.
Cut a piece of standard 1/8 inch inner diameter vacuum hose approximately 25 mm (1 inch longer than the damaged area of the mini-tube vacuum hose).
Cut off the mini-tube vacuum hose on each side of the damaged area.
WARNING: Read the warning information on the product label to prevent possible personal injury.
Dip the mini-tube hose ends in commercially available paint thinner containing methyl ethyl ketone (MEK). This solvent will seal the mini-tube in the vacuum hose.

Insert the ends of the mini-tube vacuum hose approximately 9 mm (3/8 inch) into the ends of the standard 1/8 inch repair vacuum hose.
Shake the repair joint after assembly to make sure the solvent is dispersed and the vacuum line is not plugged.
Test the system for a vacuum leak in the repair area.
Use the Vacuum Pump or equivalent.
Friday, July 29th, 2011 AT 5:27 AM
BUFFARILLA
This is not a vacuum line and it is much bigger. Od is 1.5 inches with a hole in the midlle of about 5/8 inches and carries coolant to the heater core through the firewall inside the vehicle. When the hose blew off I lost coolant.
Friday, July 29th, 2011 AT 6:39 AM
JIS001
Tell me which number is closes to the "T"
Saturday, July 30th, 2011 AT 4:07 AM