2004 Mazda 6 Electrical

KEEYAN6
  • 2004 MAZDA 6
10 amp fuse on the left turn signal blew, I put in a 25 amp spare temporarily just to get in to the store. Wrong decision. It melted the plastic housing of the bulb holder. Now the both left front and rear turn lights are not working. Left harard are also not working. No issue on right front and rear signals. I tried the working right socket bulb on the left, still not working. Pls. Help.
Pls. See attached melted bulb socket holder
Thursday, September 19th, 2013 AT 8:42 AM

It sounds like the short was in the socket. Have you replaced it?
+1
Thursday, September 19th, 2013 AT 8:46 AM
KEEYAN6
Thanks for your reply. But I tried the working socket from the other side and it is still the same. I removed the head light housing and did not see any physical/burned damage in there.
Another question is why would be the rear left turn light not work. It was working without problem until I plugged in the wrong fuse. I replaced the rear bulb and it is still the same.
Thursday, September 19th, 2013 AT 8:59 AM
KEEYAN6
I just bought a new socket from the dealer and installed with new bulb. Still not working both front and rear turn lights
Thursday, September 19th, 2013 AT 10:44 AM
As far as the rear light, they work in a series. If one goes out, either the other won't work or it will flash really fast. If the fuse is good, check to see if there is any power to the wiring at the sockets. Also, you may have burned up the flasher or damaged the switch. Make sure all fuses are good including the ones under the hood.
Thursday, September 19th, 2013 AT 6:24 PM
KEEYAN6
Fuse are all good. Ill check the wiring sockets.
I am also searching on the mazda club, someone had the same issue and BCM was the issue? Could this be also a possibilty? Any thoughts?
Thanks again for your time
Thursday, September 19th, 2013 AT 6:35 PM
The BCM is a body control module. Yes, it could have damaged it.
Thursday, September 19th, 2013 AT 6:36 PM
KEEYAN6
Thanks. I should look into that as well.
Thursday, September 19th, 2013 AT 6:50 PM
KEEYAN6
Just to let you guys know, I took the car to my mechanic and he did a thorough inspection of the electrical - it was the flasher that has been damaged. Thanks for your help and suggestions.
Monday, September 23rd, 2013 AT 4:00 PM
Glad you got it fixed.
Monday, September 23rd, 2013 AT 7:08 PM