MY CAR WILL NOT START!

• joseya14
  • 2004 Kia Spectra
  • automatic

I was driving my car and I noticed the lights on the dashboard started flicking on and off and my headlights dimmed. I turned off the headlights and the lights inside stopped flickering. I pulled over and the car was making weird sounds like if it wanted to turn off. I turned on the headlights and it completely turned off. If I instert the key in the ignition the lights inside the car turn on so does the radio but when I try to start the car it makes a noise like if the battery was dead. I just recently changed the alternator and the battery is semi-new. The alternator I believe was from a 2003 kia spectra and it wasn't brand new. I have already took my car to a mechanic he gave it a tune-up but im still having the same problems as I was having before I took it. Yes I am a girl I know very little about cars. Can anyone give me some advice?

Wednesday, December 1st, 2010 AT 11:02 PM

• KHLow2008

Get the alternator charging tested. Most parts stored provides the service.

Thursday, December 2nd, 2010 AT 3:17 PM