MY CAR WILL NOT START!

2004 Kia Spectra

joseya14

December, 1, 2010 AT 11:02 PM

I was driving my car and I noticed the lights on the dashboard started flicking on and off and my headlights dimmed. I turned off the headlights and the lights inside stopped flickering. I pulled over and the car was making weird sounds like if it wanted to turn off. I turned on the headlights and it completely turned off. If I instert the key in the ignition the lights inside the car turn on so does the radio but when I try to start the car it makes a noise like if the battery was dead. I just recently changed the alternator and the battery is semi-new. The alternator I believe was from a 2003 kia spectra and it wasn't brand new. I have already took my car to a mechanic he gave it a tune-up but im still having the same problems as I was having before I took it. Yes I am a girl I know very little about cars. Can anyone give me some advice?

December, 2, 2010 AT 3:17 PM

Get the alternator charging tested. Most parts stored provides the service.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test